- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Juice (Grandmother: “You can buy Key Lime Juice in a jar like you can buy Lemon Juice in a jar. They are usually found side by side on the shelf. I like the brand Nellie and Joe’s Key West, but any will do. Keep in refrigerator for future pies."")
- 1 pt HEAVY whipping cream, divided into two
- 10” Keebler Graham Cracker Pie Crust (Grandmother: “If you can’t find this size, get 2 regular size crust for making 2 pies. I also like the Keebler Shortbread Crust."")
“So, now you have the Milk, Lime Juice, Whipping Cream and already-made Pie Crust."
- In a large bowl put the milk (1 can) and the lime juice (1/2 cup) together and stir fast till it thickens a little.
- Put that in the refrigerator.
- Then whip 1/2 pt (half of allotted) heavy cream till a spoon stands upright.
- Get the lime-milk mixture out of the refrigerator and FOLD the whipped cream slowly into the mixture.
- Take the inverted lid out of the crust; pour the mixture into the pie; and spread.
- Take the inverted lid and flip it over to cover the pie and crimp the foil pan over in places to hold it on.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Take the 2nd carton of cream and whip the same (see step 3) and spread over the pie and replace the lid.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
“It can be made the day before or day of use. Keep in refrigerator for a few days. After a couple of days the juice may seep out - the pie is still good. It may sound complicated but actually it is a quick pie and no cooking. It is fluffy and refreshing. Hope you like it. Love, Grandmother."
Source: my grandmother