- 2 cups pasta (shells or elbows or whatever)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 lb. Velveeta (I use low-fat)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In another pan melt butter.
- Add flour. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil.
- Coo and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in Velveeta until melted.
(Note: if you don’t stir the sauce pretty constantly it will start to stick to the bottom of the pan.)
- Drain the pasta; add to the cheese mixture.
source: my grandmother