- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or allergy-friendly sub)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp flour (spelt, white, oat, sorghum, and rice all work)
- 1/3 cup sugar (unrefined if desired)
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- If your peanut butter is not stir-able, gently warm to soften.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir to form a dough.
- Roll into cookie balls.
- If you want soft cookies, refrigerate the dough at least an hour.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
The cookies will look quite underdone when you take them out.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from tray, as they firm up while cooling.
Yields 7-10 cookies. You can also freeze cookie dough balls to bake at another time if you wish.
Since there are no raw eggs, you get to eat as much raw cookie dough as you could possibly want.