Source: my mom
- 1 small carton cottage cheese
- 1 pkg 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach (Most grocery stores still sell frozen chopped spinach in 10 oz. boxes.)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 lb. shredded Cheddar
- 3 Tbsp. flour
“Short directions: Mix together, place in greased casserole dish, bake at 350F for 1 hour."
- Preheat oven at 350° F.
- Thaw spinach in microwave (takes about 4 minutes in ours).
- Squeeze (don’t just drain) water out of thawed spinach with a towel.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Melt butter in (glass) casserole dish
- Mix in flour and then eggs (don’t add eggs first because they might partially cook in the hot butter).
- Add cottage cheese, spinach, and cheddar cheese. Mix.
- Bake at 350° F. (I’ve never had it take an hour–usually around 45 minutes, I think, but then again, our oven is probably hotter than it’s supposed to be.)