roasted balsamic strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half (or about 1 package - can also mix in blueberries)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add in strawberries and toss until they are well coated. Transfer the contents to the baking dish. Be sure to drizzle out all the sauce from the bowl into the baking dish too.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes and enjoy the aroma while you wait.
- Let cool and then place in refridgerator to chill.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream or yogurt (or a variety of other no-too-flavorful creamy things) once chilled.