Where I offer my best links and music recommendations on the June Solstice, 2021.
- I’m loving the cadence of Nick Cave’s Q&A email list.
- RIP Medical Debt recently bought and abolished debt directly from a healthcare provider rather than on the secondary debt market, which is big for the future of debt abolishment. It’s also great because the health provider is based in Appalachia, a region close to my heart.
- China might be stealing back its art.
- I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there is a podcast about Pixar’s Cars and I know one of the perpetrators.
- “What does it take to make a myth? What made you trace this path?” (a poetic vignette I enjoyed)
- In this video… “one of the West’s most nondescript shrubs gets a lengthy ten minutes devoted to it, along with an appearance by a loggerhead shrike and verbally abusive rants that are sure to upset and irritate an as-yet-unassembled posse of various stiffs.” (It’s about plants, mostly.)
- Yaeji & OHHYUK mix on NTS radio
- Butterfly 3000 by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- Pineapples at Dawn by Mal Devisa, Sajo Jefferson, and the Radio on Mute
- Earth Bow by Sarah Louise
- GOLIATH by Jonas David
- Vast Ovoid by Devendra Banhart
- Heavy Electronic Pacific Rock by Valerio Cosi
- Musique Nada by Saint Dismas (thanks to Nate C. for the rec)
- Everything by Ichiko Aoba (thanks Cody for the rec)
(Know something I would like? Share with me!)