- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
- 8.5 tbsp white sugar
- 8 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (not divided)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.75 cups chocolate chips
- Rind/skin of 1 orange, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- If not already prepped, skin the orange and chop as finely as possible.
- Optional: if you have a mixer, mix orange rind and some chocolate chips together separately for a few seconds.
- Soften the butter in the microwave.
- Break egg into bowl and whisk with fork.
- Place butter, sugars and vanilla in a bowl and cream them.
- Add egg continue mixing.
- Add flour and baking powder, and mix thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips and orange rind and mix.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls, place on cooking tray. Flatten with spatula.
- Bake for ~15 minutes. Cookies will not brown very much.