- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. thyme
- salt and pepper
- various mix-ins
Mix-in combinations that have worked:
- 4 leeks, 1 shallot, 1 small onion, 1 heirloom tomato, ~3 oz. goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli leaf (chopped and steamed), 1/2 large onion, 1 king oyster mushroom, 1 tiny shallot, 3 tbsp goat cheese, 3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare mix-ins.
- Chop and sautee vegetables in butter until soft and starting to lightly brown.
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl.
- Add thyme, pepper, salt to mix.
- Add non-vegetable mix-ins to egg mix. Stir.
- When vegetables are sauteed, let cool for a few minutes and then add to mix and pour into a bread pan.
- Place on middle rack of oven. Cook for ~25 minutes. The middle should wobble but not “wave” when done. Outside will start to brown.
- Let sit for a few minutes, then serve.