I spend a lot of time thinking about alternative (modern; legal; hybrid; non-hierarchical; cooperative; empowered; equitable; sustainable; collaborative; impermanent; impactful) organizational structures through which folks can make the world a better place.
In my day-to-day, I am a nonprofit worker and musician. I used to do radio and design. I also play with experimental video, game (video- and board-), watch basketball sometimes, and, ya’know, socialize. I use he/him pronouns.
I’ve been in NYC for almost three years, but it feels more like 2 due to the virus. Here’s what I’m working on right now:
- experimenting with video synthesis and glitching techniques
- working with Open Collective
- working full-time at Donorly
- learning to cook new things
- working on this website
- re-reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen
- figuring out how to deal with surveillance capitalism
This website was self-hosted on a tiny Linux computer using Hugo and Caddy (and is temporarily living on a VPS). In the past I also experimented with solar powering the site. The theme is lightly-modified Cactus and the logo is based on an Open Doodle. This website is located on unceded Native land.